Podcast Interview with Lucas Carlson
This week I was interviewed by Fred Williams of the popular Breaking Biz Podcast.
Here were the topics we covered:
- Passion does not pay the bills (tip #25 of tips for aspiring entrepreneurs)
- Why is money the worst motivator for anyone starting their own company?
- I remember discussing a business idea with someone in 2009 when I lived in Australia and they told me I might have to sign an NDA which felt a little strange and I know you feel quite strongly about people being so secretive when they have a business idea
- What are the dangers with falling in love with a business idea too quickly? (tip #14 of things to stop doing as a startup founder)
- Let’s say you have a modest startup, new business etc- how do you get people talking about you if you can’t spend any real money on marketing? (tip #15 of things to stop doing as a startup founder)
- As someone who has built and sold a company, can you tell our listeners the difference between a problem and an urgent problem? (tip #15 of tips for aspiring entrepreneurs)
- Let’s get unsexy and talk about unit cost. What is unit cost and why does every business owner need to know their unit cost? (tip #25 of things to stop doing as a startup founder)
Listen now to the podcast and tell me what you think.
About the Author
Lucas Carlson is a hands-on consultant, author and entrepreneur. He helps founders discover opportunities for growth, both for their companies and for themselves. He was the CEO and founder of AppFog, a popular startup acquired in 2013 after signing up over 100,000 developers and raising nearly $10M in venture funding from top angels and VCs.